Tuesday, April 24, 2012

Deconstructed guacamole quesa-jitas


I have been threatening to make deconstructed guacamole for a while, and on Saturday I finally followed through. I used it as the key ingredient in dinner, which was something between a quesadilla and fajita. I used up some leftover tofu in it too.

For fellow southsiders, Hyde Park Produce tends to have good avocados at a reasonable (maybe even cheap) price.

Deconstructed guacamole

2 firm avocados, chopped
1/2 tomato, chopped
Corn, optional
Cilantro, optional

Juice of 1/2 lime
1 healthy shake arizona dreaming or other chili powder
1 shake chipotle powder
1 shake cajun seasoning or seasoned salt
2 pinches cumin
1 pinch coriander
1 shake tabasco

Combine ingredients.

I served this on tortillas with sautéed onions, dry fried tofu, tomato slices, cheese, sour cream and jalapenos. 

No comments: